- Aug 20, 2017
- Automotive : General Automotive
Provide A Ride is seeking fleet Automotive Mechanics.
Provide A Ride is a premier provider of passenger transportation services. We operate a fleet of more than 100 vans and shuttle buses and have been in business for 25 years. We operate non-emergency programs using wheelchair accessible as well as standard passenger vehicles under contracts with governmental agencies, insurance companies, social service agencies and health care providers.
Our automotive technicians maintain service operations by inspecting and maintaining vehicles under limited supervision.
We offer an excellent environment to apply your existing skills and knowledge as well as learn new skills.
Company paid ASE certifications tests also available.
Provide A Ride offers a healthy working environment where our focus is on quality work. Our team of technicians are paid on hourly basis with steady and consistent work hours.
Must have a clean driving record and pass a drug screen.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Keep equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles; complete preventative maintenance such as: engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters.
- Maintain vehicle functional condition by: listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical system malfunctions; replacing parts and components.
- Verify vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjust controls and systems.
- Comply with state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety and combustion control standards.
- Maintain vehicle records by recording service and repairs.
- Keep shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshoot breakdowns; maintain supplies; perform preventative maintenance; call for repairs.
- Contain costs by using warranty; evaluate service and parts options.
- Keep supplies ready by taking stock inventory; verify receipt.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; read technical publications.
- Accomplish maintenance and organization mission by completing related related results as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Trade/Specialized training completion, experience in vehicle and bus equipment repair and maintenance shop or any combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Certifications – Ability to maintain a valid State of Ohio driver’s license. Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification or equivalent.
- Mathematical - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers.
- Language - Ability to read work-related documents such as safety rules, operating and manufacturers’ service specifications. Ability to effectively respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to communicate in an understandable and professional manner.
- Reasoning - Ability to solve practical problems and deal with situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Equipment - Use of power and hand tools and diagnostic equipment.
- Other Skills – Ability to operate at the pace of the business in order to meet deadlines. Ability to plan and prioritize.
COMPETENCIES : To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical- Synthesize complex or diverse information; Design work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; Develop alternative solutions.
- Technical Skills- Assess own strengths and weaknesses; Pursue training and development opportunities; Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills; Share expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Solicit feedback to improve service; Respond promptly to customer needs; Respond to requests for service and assistance; Meet commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills- Keep emotions under control; Remain open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Follow verbal instructions, speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and receive clarification. Respond well to others.
- Written Communication - Write clear and informative statements; Able to read and interpret written information. Prepare and maintain records and reports.
- Teamwork – Balance team and individual responsibilities; Exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views; Give and welcome feedback. Support everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Leadership- Exhibit confidence in self and others; inspire and motivate others to perform well.
- Cost Consciousness- Work within approved budget; develop and implement cost saving measures; contribute to profits and revenue; conserve organizational resources.
- Diversity - Show respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promote a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics - Treat people with respect; Keep commitments; Work with integrity and fairly; Uphold organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follow policies and procedures; Support organization's goals and values; Support affirmative action and respect diversity.
- Judgment – Display willingness to make decisions; Exhibit sound and accurate judgment; Support and explain reasoning for decisions; Include appropriate people in decision-making process; Make timely decisions.
- Motivation- Demonstrate persistence and overcome obstacles.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritize and plan work activities; Use time efficiently.
- Professionalism - React well under pressure; Treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accept responsibility for own actions; Follow through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail. Look for ways to improve and promote quality; apply feedback to improve performance; monitor own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meet productivity standards; Complete work in timely manner.
- Safety and Security –Observe safety and security procedures; Determine appropriate action beyond guidelines. Report potentially unsafe conditions; Use equipment and materials correctly.
- Adaptability - Adapt to changes in the work environment; Change approach or method to best fit situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Consistently at work and on time; Arrive at meetings and appointments on time. Ability to work varying shifts, weekends and holidays. Ensure work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Dependability - Follow instructions, respond to management direction; Take responsibility for own actions; Keep commitments; Commit to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Complete tasks on time or notifiy appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteer readily; Ask for and offer help when needed.
- Innovation- Display original thinking and creativity; Meet challenges with resourcefulness; Generate suggestions for improving work; Develop innovative approaches and ideas; Present ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, high, precarious places; extreme cold; extreme heat and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The mechanic is required to wear a uniform supplied by his employer to avoid damaging of personal clothing due to work conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Click the "Apply Now" button to complete an online application now!